Tankless water heaters are not easy to install. Some of the high-end tankless water heaters require certified plumbers and electricians to install them. But few water heaters are easy to install and you can install them by reading the instruction. If you still want any help and do not know how to install a tankless water heater. we are here to help you to install your unit.
This blog is all about tankless water heater installation whether it is gas or electric tankless water heater. These few steps will help you to install your unit without spending money or hiring a plumber. If you do not buy your tankless water heater yet go and check out our collection of the best tankless water heater.
Gas Tankless Water Heater Installation
If you do not want any mishap or trouble you can ask a certified plumber to install your unit. If you want to install it yourself then follow these steps.
check this: Best gas tankless water heater
- If you have installed an old water heater remove it to install the new one
- Shut off your water and gas supply
- Your new tankless water heater may require a larger gas line
- For venting, drill a hole outside the house or near the location of the water heater
- Connect the cold-water supply line to the water heater and the hot water line out of the heater
- For the next step, you need an electrician because on-demand hot water you require an electrical outlet
- After all, set up a test the unit
Electric Tankless Water Heater Installation
Installing an electric tankless water heater is difficult as compare to the gas water heater. You need to be careful while working with wires.
check this: Best tankless water heater electric
- First of all, turn all the circuit breakers off
- Remove the cover of the water heater
- Mount the water heater to the wall with the screws you get with the unit
- Connect the cold-water line on the right side and hot water on the left side
- Install the auto shut off valve so you can turn off the water supply
- Carefully connect the electrical wires and double-check them
- Reattach the front cover
- Turn on the circuit breakers and test your unit